Looking for something else?
1. This is hard disk storage that is set up with its own network address rather than being attached to the department computer that is serving applications to a network's workstation users.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
2. This protocol allows programs to make requests for files and services on remote computers on the Internet.
3. This is a client/server application that lets a computer user view and optionally store and update file on a remote computer as though they were on the user's own computer.
4. This is the creation of an abstraction layer between file servers and the clients that access those file servers.
5. This is a network point that acts as an entrance to another network.
6. This is a printed circuit card that offloads TCP/IP processing from a microprocessor. This can reduce latency, increase throughput, and reduce overhead costs in a storage area network (SAN).
7. This is a file server designed and programmed for high-volume data storage, backup, and archiving.
8. In a computer system, this is a group of servers and other resources that act like a single system and enable high availability and, in some cases, load balancing and parallel processing.
9. This is the basic communication language or protocol of the Internet and can also be used as a communications protocol in a private network.
10. This type of array is designed to solve the types of storage problems that arise when a company needs to support both SAN and NAS in their storage infrastructure.