Online data backup and cloud services are emerging in the small- to midsized business (SMB) data storage market today. Online data backup allows users to send their data to be backed up to a remote site without the associated cost of setting up and managing a remote data center, and can be very beneficial to small-to midsized businesses, especially if they have a small staff. However, there are also many risks involved in using cloud...
Lauren Whitehouse, an analyst at the Enterprise Strategy Group, answers questions about online data backup such as:
- What are the different approaches to cloud backup that vendors are taking?
- What are some of the benefits of using cloud services?
- What are the main risks involved in using online data backup?
- What types of companies should use online data backup? Is this recommended for SMBs?
- What sort of procedures should an IT staff go through to make sure their online backups are secure?
You must have Adobe Flash Player 7 or above to view this content.See http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer to download now.
Download for later:
Lauren Whitehouse discusses online data backup and cloud services
• Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
• Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More on cloud backup:
- Cloud backup tutorial: How to leverage cloud backup services
- Alternatives to tape-based backup and archival systems
- The pros and cons of cloud backup technologies